Monday, April 15, 2013

Philippians 2:5-8 self reflection (:


Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

(Philippians 2:5-8 ESV)

As I was studying this passage from the book of Philippians, it shows me that Jesus came to really understand how humans lived our life and knowing what we go through. "by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:7 ESV), I can't imagine how much struggle I would have went through trying to live a life that not trying to be angry at people whom I'm not patient with, or holding back some sins I would struggle so much. I can't imagine how much Jesus got to struggle but it is by the power of God that He overcome all the sins daily by praying and coming to God for strength (: Truly a pattern that I should learn from Jesus! I hope that even as I will learn to come to God in prayer as I live my life daily in my small and big decision, and including my actions.

"And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." (Philippians 2:8 ESV). I imagined how tough it is for Jesus to actually humble himself from the position of a God to die for my sins. Whenever I think back of my sinful self, I just realize how sinful I am and not worthy of Him to die for me. I truly thank God for His grace and mercy He has shown unto me. He actually died for me although it was so tough for Jesus. He learnt to submit to God's will and plan.

Truly I'm thankful for all the wonderful works Jesus has did for me! (: I need to learn to reflect upon God's goodness in my life daily (:

No comments:

Post a Comment